How to apply for admission
The applicant must first send the application for admission along with the requested documents to the email address email@example.com after ensuring that the conditions of the university are met. Admission steps will be completed by the Office of International Students upon completion of the application.
1. First semester period:
• Submission of applications by applicants from March 6 to May 20.
2. Second semester period:
• Submission of applications by applicants from 15 July to 31 September.
Note: According to the rules of admission regulation for non-Iranian students approved by the esteemed board of the University of Tehran on August 22, 2020, applications sent after the end of the announced time periods for each semester will not be processed and they will be reviewed for the next semester.
Steps for obtaining the final admission of the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology
After announcing the agreement of the campus / faculty with the applicant's application, the next step of admission is to obtain a registration permit from the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology, and after that, the student will be able to apply for a student visa and registration.
- After agreeing with the request to continue the applicant's education by the General Department of Educational Services of the University, the admissions department staff in the Office of International Students contact the applicant via telephone or email.
- After contacting the applicants, they are obliged to enter the information in the system of the Ministry of Science in the non-Iranian students’ section addressed www.saorg.ir.
- After sending and uploading the documents in the qualification system of the Ministry of Science, a 5-digit tracing code will be announced by the system to the applicant and the applicant must keep this tracking code until the registration process is completed.
- After receiving the tracing code, the applicant, this code must announce it to the office colleagues in person or via phone or email.
- After the code is confirmed by the colleagues of the Admissions Office, a letter will be sent by the Office of International Students to the Student Affairs Organization of the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology regarding the official announcement of admission and obtaining the applicant's registration permit.
- The Student Affairs Organization of the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology, after reviewing the applicant's documents, announces its agreement or disagreement with the applicant's registration in the university to the Admissions Department of the Office of International Students. With the consent of the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology, the applicant can contact the Consular Office for a visa in the Office International Visa.
Note: Due to the fact that some questions have a security burden in the jurisdiction system of the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology, so the applicant has to enter the information and complete the registration in the jurisdiction system of the Ministry of Science.
Final Admission Process of the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology
- Receiving the unrestricted educational license from the Competence System of the Student Affairs Organization of the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology.
- Receiving a student visa (type E).
- Personal photo
- Presenting the tuition payment receipt for the first semester.
- Presenting the original high school diploma or the degree of the previous level and the original identity documents.
- Presenting a Persian language proficiency test certificate for courses held in Persian.
In the face-to-face registration, after the applicant refers to the Office of International Students, the admission colleagues examine the announced documents then the Accounting Department colleagues introduce the applicant to the bank to pay the tuition fee. After paying the tuition fee and confirming the payment receipt by the accounting Department of the International Deputy, the applicant will be introduced to the General Directorate of Educational Services for registration in a letter with the permission of the Ministry of Science and the bank receipt.
In absentia Registration
Due to the situation following the outbreak of Covid-19 pandemic and the absence of accepted applicants in the country, vice-President for International Affairs has registered them in absentia to help these people in coordination with the University Educational Services Department without paying tuition. Therefore, when registering, the applicant has to send pictures of all required documents via email to the Admissions Department of the Office of International Students, and sign the picture of the tuition payment and presenting the original document commitment letter in his or her presentation in the country then send them to the admission colleagues including his or her contact information.
If the admitted person has the conditions to become proficient in Persian language, it is not necessary to present a Persian language Proficiency Certificate.
Conditions for Obtaining Persian Language Skills
• The applicant was born in a Persian-speaking country and Persian is the native language of the individual.
• The applicant has obtained his / her previous degree in a university where the content is translated into Persian.
Note: If the admitted person is not fluent in Persian, after registration, he / she must be introduced to Dehkhoda Dictionary Institute to determine the level of Persian language and pass the Persian language training course. Studying Persian language course like the compensatory course is considered as a study leave in that semester without inclusion in the academic years. If the applicant does not get a satisfactory score, the education in the Persian language course can be extended until the second semester.