Admission of non-Iranian students at the University of Tehran
The function of education not only has gone beyond transferring of knowledge and experiences from one generation to another, but also its stable and effective role and position in culture and foreign relations has found a strategic function in government relations and cultural interaction and sustainable relations of nations and tribes. Accordingly, University of Tehran, in order to strengthen and develop effective scientific and cultural exchanges, has introduced the university as one of the centers of higher education in the international community. So, University of Tehran has always tried to provide suitable platform for introducing the achievements, publishing and developing the rich Iranian-Islamic culture along with expand its scientific and cultural relations with other countries in the world. In order to support the talented youth of neighboring countries and other countries and train specialized forces for their scientific self-sufficiency, this university will attract and accept non-Iranian applicants for scholarships and non-scholarships.
Around 1000 International students are studying for a degree at the University of Tehran.
- Male: %66; Female: %34
- Bachelor's: %7; Master's: %74; PhD's: %19
- Countries: Afghanistan, Iraq, Turkey, Japan, China, Syria, Moldavia, Hungary, Ukraine, Poland, Singapore, America, Australia, Pakistan, Netherlands, Korea, Armenia, Italy, Canada, France, Bahrain, UK, Azerbaijan, Indonesia, Russia, Denmark, Senegal, Lebanon, Mexico, India, Germany, Egypt, Taiwan, Romania, Slovakia, Pakistan, Croatia, Nigeria, Oman, Serbia, Slovenia, Vietnam, Georgia, Sudan
- Accommodation: The University of Tehran has a furnished guest house near the main campus which is available for visiting scholars. Information about rates and availability can be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Foreign applicants who wish to apply for admission:
- For admission to degree programs, applicants should send their inquiries to email@example.com for the attention of the Office of International Students Admission.
- For a short term: (one or two semester) stay at the University of Tehran, applicants may send their requests to the Office of International Students Admission: via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For certificate in Persian language, applicants may send their requests to email@example.com for the attention of the International Center for Persian Studies.
- For sabbatical leave or research stay at the University of Tehran, applicants may correspond with the Office of International Students and Staff. Applicants may send their requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Requests for the verification of degrees issued by the University of Tehran should be addressed to the General Office of Academic Affairs (Undergraduate), or General Office of Post-Graduate Studies, located at Enghelab Avenue, 16 Azar Street (E-mail: email@example.com).
- The comprehensive University of Tehran Prospectus is available at the following address in PDF format.
- If there is any further question, please contact the Office of International Students Admission via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information can be obtained from the website of the University of Tehran at http://www.ut.ac.ir/en.
Learning Persian Language
The world most prestigious institute for teaching Persian Language to international students is “International Center for Persian Studies” (ICPS) known as Dehkhoda. ICPS as a body of the University of Tehran, was established in 1989 by the late Professor Shahidi, the Director of Dehkhoda Institute. ICPS presents various courses of Persian language for all levels of Elementary, Intermediate, and Advanced, and also courses on History of Persian Language and Literature, History of Persian Art, Classical Poetry, Classical Prose, Contemporary Poetry, Contemporary Prose, Prosody and Calligraphy. Foreign students, Iranian nationals and Iranian applicants from abroad, foreigners residing in Iran, and non-Iranian students who study at Iranian universities may apply for the programs. In the past two decades, more than 9,400 students from around the world have learned the Persian language at the Center. Furthermore, the Center is a major source for students who are completing their dissertations. The tuition fee varies from $250 to $700 per semester.
- Persian Language Courses (3 and 5 days a week) include Elementary I , Elementary II (only for 5 days program), Intermediate I, Intermediate II, Advanced.
- Literature and Art Semesters include Classical Poetry, Classical Prose, Contemporary Poetry, Contemporary Prose, Prosody, Calligraphy, Hafez, Shahnameh, Golestan, Molana.
For detail information, please see the Research Center section of this Catalogue, or visit http://dehkhoda.ut.ac.ir.